Firestone GeoGard™ EPDM, a single-ply synthetic rubber waterproofing membrane made of ethylene – propylene – diene terpolymer, mixed with carbon black, curing agents and processing aids. It is calendered into large sheets and vulcanized.
Firestone GeoGard 30.5m x 7.62m x 1.14mm - Approx. weight 328kg
Key features and benefits
The success of Firestone GeoGard™ EPDM membranes can be attributed to their unique combination of benefits:
- Superior weathering resistance: Firestone GeoGard EPDM membranes offer unmatched resistance to ultraviolet radiation and ozone.
- High flexibility: Firestone GeoGard EPDM membranes remain highly flexible at very low temperatures (down to –45 °C) even after several decades of exposure, enabling year round installation in a variety of climates and terrain.
- High elastic elongation: Firestone GeoGard EPDM membranes can elongate over 300%, which enables the membrane to stretch and conform to objects in the substrate and unavoidable ground movements.
- Quick and easy installation: Firestone GeoGard EPDM membranes are available in large seamless panel sizes up to 15m in width and 61m in length resulting in fewer field seams, lower installation time and reduced sensitivity to weather conditions.
- Low maintenance: Firestone GeoGard EPDM membranes require little or no regular maintenance after installation. The Geomembrane can survive normal environmental exposure for well over 30 years.
- Environmentally friendly: Firestone GeoGard EPDM membranes is an inert material with low environmental impact during production and use. In addition, Firestone’s EPDM manufacturing facilities have received ISO 14001 certification, a testimony of the company’s commitment to environmental management.
EPDM PONDGARD AND GEOGARD EPDM 0